Pittsburgh Christian Academy, Located in West Mifflin, PA, offers Preschool through grade 12. PCA is led by teachers and administrators with extensive experience in Christian Education.
We offer an accelerated program for preschool through elementary and a college prep program for middle and high school. We expect the majority of our students to work and achieve at least a year ahead of grade level.
All PCA Students, staff, volunteers, parents, and guardians are expected to follow these principles:
- Be Present
- Be Respectful
- Be Kind
Conflicts should be resolved according to the principles outlined in Matthew 18: 15 – 18, with the appropriate help and disciplinary guidance of instructors and administrators.
All members of our community should show continual progress in the following characteristics:
PCA is a Christ-centered school. We seek to know Jesus, be led by His Word and Spirit, and be shaped by the Gospel.
We are distinguished by Christ’s redemptive discipleship. A disciple imitates and shares the mindset of the Savior (2 Cor. 3:16). Our teachers exemplify the Christ-centered life, teaching all subjects within the authority and context of Christ as preeminent and transforming all Creation, including our lives. We foster prayer for and with one another as we draw closer to Christ and our PCA family.
Jesus sets the standards for excellence and with Him as our example, we offer distinctive academic programs from a Biblical perspective. Students learn to think critically and creatively, to communicate ideas, and to cooperate with one another within a biblical worldview.
We are a relational community in which every member is known and loved. We endeavor to form purposeful partnerships with teachers, students, our families, and local churches. These relationships nurture and encourage our students through Biblical teaching and Christ-like examples. Our goal is to see students become servants of Christ in the school, the church, the community, and the world.
Luke 2:52: And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Our mission is to partner with families to enable students to know Jesus grow in Him in the following ways:
Spiritually - By developing a personal relationship with Christ as Savior.
Emotionally - In the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace patience, gentleness, and self-control.
Physically - Growing strong and healthy through the understanding that the body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Socially - Focusing on Christ-centered relationships, reaching outside of self to have a positive impact on family, friends, and community
Intellectually - Gaining knowledge and skills that will enable each student to Glorify God through education, career, and family.
Statement of Faith
Pittsburgh Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school dedicated to help Christian parents fulfill their Biblical mandate to educate their children in the Lord. To that end, all subjects are taught from a Christian worldview. Bible classes will train students to study Scripture, to interpret it accurately, and to apply its truths to every area of life.
Students are encouraged to discuss questions of doctrine with their parents and church leaders, partners with the Christian school in equipping them for righteous living.
Pittsburgh Christian Academy focuses on these essential elements of the Christian faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible,
authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16).
2. We believe in one Triune God, eternally existent in three coequal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:3-6; Matt. 3:16-17; Jn. 20:21-22)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and physical return in power and glory (Jn. 1:14; Jn. 10:30; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Heb. 4:15; Jn. 2: 1-11; Mk. 7:31-37; Lk. 24:5-6; Jn. 3:16; Lk. 24:50-53; Mt. 24:30-31).
4. We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith we are saved. (Rom. 3:23-26).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the Spirituality of believers in Christ. (Mt. 25:31-46).
6. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139)
7. We believe God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself (Gen. 2: 18-25; 1 Cor. 7:2-5). We recognize that marriage is between a biological man and a biological woman (Heb. 13:4).
Parents and students should be committed to the PCA mission and Statement of faith before enrolling. You are welcome to discuss any of these tenets with us to determine if you are able to fully support this partnership.
PCA will generally enroll students who are average or above average in ability and achievement. If we believe we have the resources in staffing and facilities, we will do our best to accommodate special needs. Please be aware, however, that resources are limited, and if we cannot fully serve your child, we will recommend enrollment in another setting with necessary resources and staff.
An admissions exam and interview are required, along with reference checks, to determine a student's potential for success at PCA.
Pittsburgh Christian Academy admits students of any race, color,
national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and
activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national and ethnic origin in administration of its hiring policies,
educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, athletic, and other
We participate in the Safe 2 Say PA program: www.safe2saypa.org