Luke 2:52: And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Our mission is to partner with families to enable students to know Jesus grow in Him in the following ways:
Spiritually - By developing a personal relationship with Christ as Savior.
Emotionally - In the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace patience, gentleness, and self-control.
Physically - Growing strong and healthy through the understanding that the body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Socially - Focusing on Christ-centered relationships, reaching outside of self to have a positive impact on family, friends, and community
Intellectually - Gaining knowledge and skills that will enable each student to Glorify God through education, career, and family.
Statement of Faith
Pittsburgh Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school dedicated to help Christian parents fulfill their Biblical mandate to educate their children in the Lord. To that end, all subjects are taught from a Christian worldview. Bible classes will train students to study Scripture, to interpret it accurately, and to apply its truths to every area of life.
Students are encouraged to discuss questions of doctrine with their parents and church leaders, partners with the Christian school in equipping them for righteous living.
Pittsburgh Christian Academy focuses on these essential elements of the Christian faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible,
authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16).
2. We believe in one Triune God, eternally existent in three coequal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:3-6; Matt. 3:16-17; Jn. 20:21-22)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and physical return in power and glory (Jn. 1:14; Jn. 10:30; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Heb. 4:15; Jn. 2: 1-11; Mk. 7:31-37; Lk. 24:5-6; Jn. 3:16; Lk. 24:50-53; Mt. 24:30-31).
4. We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith we are saved. (Rom. 3:23-26).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the Spirituality of believers in Christ. (Mt. 25:31-46).
6. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139)
7. We believe God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself (Gen. 2: 18-25; 1 Cor. 7:2-5). We recognize that marriage is between a biological man and a biological woman (Heb. 13:4).